Chicken Fajita Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Soft flour tortillas take the place of noodles in this deliciously hearty south of the border casserole. We're sure this will be a new dinnertime favorite!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8.2-ounce) package 6-inch flour tortillas for soft tacos and fajitas
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cooked Southwest-seasoned chicken breast strips
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions, thawed and drained
- 1 (1-ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange half the tortillas in baking dish, overlapping if necessary.
- In a medium bowl, combine refried beans and tomato sauce; mix well. Spread half the mixture over tortillas.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, vegetables, and fajita seasoning mix. Spoon half the chicken mixture over beans, and sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers, then cover with foil.
- Bake 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 additional minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
Don't forget about dessert! Try a slice of our Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake: An Easy Cherry Cheesecake Recipe.
- If you're looking for more Mexican dinner favorites, check out our collection of Easy Mexican Casserole Recipes: 16 of the Best Mexican Casseroles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!