Chop Suey Pasta
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Funny name? Well, it's not that it's Chinese-tasting; it's a mixture all thrown together, like chop suey.
What You'll Need:
pound (12 ounce) small pasta shape, like small shells or elbows
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 pound ground beef
1 (10-1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta to desired doneness; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute celery and green pepper until tender, then drain off excess fat.
- Return vegetables to skillet and add ground beef; cook beef until no pink remains. Add ground beef-vegetable mixture to pasta. Gently stir in tomato soup, add salt and pepper, then stir in 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Place mixture in aprepared 2-quart casserole dish and top with remaining 1 cup of Cheddar cheese. Bake 30 minutes. Serve hot.
03 21 14