We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Classic dishes never go out of style, and this easy recipe for Hungarian goulash will be one of your favorites. With savory seasonings and hearty stick-to-your-ribs appeal, it's a perfect meal to satisfy a hungry gang!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring to crumble the beef, until no pink remains; drain excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Place in a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish, cover, and bake 22 to 25 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven, uncover, and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Classic Goulash made our reader favorites list for 2010! Check out all the top 20 recipes of 2010.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 24 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles.
- Plus, we've got more great goulash recipes you'll love with our collection of 8 Easy Goulash Recipes.
- Or, if you're looking for a different comfort food recipe, be sure to check out Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole or Chicken Fried Steak Casserole.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.