Classic Scalloped Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Scalloped dishes are hearty and soul-soothing, typically baked in a sauce and covered with seasoned bread crumbs. Our Classic Scalloped Chicken bakes up as a comforting all-in-one main-dish meal.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2-stick) butter, melted and divided
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 (4-1/2-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and sauté in 2 tablespoons melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from heat and add chicken broth, chicken gravy, mushrooms, pimientos, and rice; mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover, and stir well. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until rice is tender and topping is golden. Serve immediately.
Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!