Creamy Ham Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll save the day with this simple Creamy Ham Casserole. This is comfort food at its best, and it couldn't be easier to throw together even on a busy weeknight.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento, drained on paper towel
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with with cooking spray. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion and celery and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in ham and heat 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, the pimiento, and noodles. Spoon into baking dish.
- Cover and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, and bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Here's a great way to use leftover ham. Or, if you don't have any leftovers, take advantage of cubed cooked ham that's available in the meat counter of your supermarket. When you need just a few cups of ham, such as in this deliciously creamy recipe, it gives you an inexpensive head start for preparing a variety of meals.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Do you love bacon? How about cheese? If you nodded enthusiastically to either of those, then you're about to experience something wonderful...a Bacon and Cheese Lover's Pie. It's a quiche-style dish that's absolutely loaded with cheese, bacon, and some chopped spinach. You'll be smiling from your first forkful to your last.