El Dorado Beef Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Kids of all ages will go crazy for this Southwestern-style layered casserole. It has everybody's favorites: ground beef, tomato sauce, cheese and tortilla chips. Yum!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (9-ounce) package tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, water, and chili powder; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spread one-third of the beef mixture in casserole dish then top with one-third of the crushed tortilla chips, one-third of the sour cream, and one-third of the cheese. Repeat layers two more times, ending with cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.