- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
This Mexican casserole recipe with ground beef is a weeknight quickie that will impress the whole gang. Enjoy our easy Enchilada Casserole as part of a complete Mexican feast... ole!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon black pepper
- 10 (5-inch) corn tortillas, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
What To Do:
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stir tomato sauce and next 6 ingredients into meat mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place half of tortillas in bottom of a greased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Spoon half of beef mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas and beef mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Add a little heat to this dish by substituting equal amounts of Monterey Jack cheese with peppers for the Cheddar. Green chili peppers add nice color as well as a bit more spice!
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 05 14