We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
This Mexican casserole recipe with ground beef is a weeknight quickie that will impress the whole gang. Enjoy our easy Enchilada Casserole as part of a complete Mexican feast... ole!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 (5-inch) corn tortillas, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
What To Do:
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stir tomato sauce and next 6 ingredients into meat mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place half of tortillas in bottom of a greased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Spoon half of beef mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas and beef mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
- Add a little heat to this dish by substituting equal amounts of Monterey Jack cheese with peppers for the Cheddar. Green chili peppers add nice color as well as a bit more spice!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe will take your taste buds down South, to where good old-fashioned tastes are still king. Our Homemade Biscuits and Gravy are full of so much down-home goodness, you'll want to eat 'em at breakfast AND dinner, which is perfectly right by us!