Iowa Corn Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take your taste buds on a journey to the freshness of an Iowa cornfield with our hearty Iowa Corn Casserole. This creamy, rich go-along is as welcome any weeknight, as it is for company.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings and set aside.
- Over medium heat, saute pepper and onion in skillet until tender, about 5 minutes. Place in a large bowl, then combine with whole kernel and cream-style corns, sugar, eggs, cornstarch, bacon, and 2 tablespoons bread crumbs. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining bread crumbs and reserved bacon drippings; mix well. Sprinkle over casserole and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden and set.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!
- Taco Casserole
- Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Amish Ham and Cheese Casserole
- Country-Style Potato Tot Casserole
- Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 25 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles
- Amish Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Fettuccine Casserole
- 7 Homestyle Tuna Casserole Recipes
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole