Jalapeno Chicken Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
The powerful flavor kick coming from the chopped jalapeno peppers make our Jalapeno Chicken Casserole really pop. The ease of using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken means one less step to getting this one on the table in a flash.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (12-ounce) package nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken (see Note)
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, scallions, and jalapeno peppers; saute until tender. Remove skillet from heat; stir in spinach, soup, sour cream, and ground cumin.
- Layer half each of tortilla chips, chicken, spinach mixture, and cheese in a lightly greased 9- x 13- inch baking dish. Repeat layers, ending with spinach mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Two store-bought rotisserie chickens should yield enough chicken for this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ever heard of a "pizookie" before? It's basically a big pizza-shaped cookie, and if you think that sounds good, then you're gonna LOVE our stuffed version! Our Candy Bar Pizookie features your favorite candy bars, and a chocolaty, nutty topping that just really puts this cookie over the top!
- Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
- Hot Dog Cornbread Casserole
- Loaded BBQ Baked Potato Casserole
- Baked Goulash
- Buffalo Chicken Tot Casserole
- Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 28 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles
- Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Chopped Broccoli Casserole