Jalapeno Chicken Casserole
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
The powerful flavor kick coming from the chopped jalapeno peppers make our Jalapeno Chicken Casserole really pop. The ease of using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken means one less step to getting this one on the table in a flash.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (12-ounce) package nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken (see Note)
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, scallions, and jalapeno peppers; saute until tender. Remove skillet from heat; stir in spinach, soup, sour cream, and ground cumin.
- Layer half each of tortilla chips, chicken, spinach mixture, and cheese in a lightly greased 9- x 13- inch baking dish. Repeat layers, ending with spinach mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Two store-bought rotisserie chickens should yield enough chicken for this recipe.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 17 14