Layered Spaghetti Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 32 Min
- READY IN
- 37 Min
We sure don't mind leftovers of this creamy spaghetti; it's just as good or better the next day. Only problem is that you might not have any left!
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (26-ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
What To Do:
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, cook beef and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Combine pasta, meat mixture, and pasta sauce in a large bowl; toss to combine. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk; cook 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
Pour half of spaghetti mixture into a lightly greased 7- x 11-inch baking dish; pour cheese sauce over spaghetti. Sprinkle with 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining spaghetti mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef!
If you enjoyed this spaghetti dinner recipe, be sure to try Spaghetti Pie: Our Best Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.