North and South American Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This dish is a quick version of the South American hallacas, which is a cornmeal dough wrapped around a spicy meat mixture. Our version combines the flavorful ideas of yesterday with the big Tex-Mex taste of today.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 1/4 pounds ground pork or beef
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 (10 ¾ ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions, but do not bake; set aside batter.
- In a large skillet, sauté ground meat for 5 to 7 minutes, until crumbly. Remove meat from pan and drain well, reserving 1 tablespoon of drippings in pan.
- Sauté onion and pepper in drippings over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, until soft. Return drained meat to pan and add soup, garlic powder, and raisins; mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Spread corn muffin mixture evenly over meat mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until muffin topping is firm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!