North and South American Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This dish is a quick version of the South American hallacas, which is a cornmeal dough wrapped around a spicy meat mixture. Our version combines the flavorful ideas of yesterday with the big Tex-Mex taste of today.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 1/4 pounds ground pork or beef
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 (10 ¾ ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions, but do not bake; set aside batter.
- In a large skillet, sauté ground meat for 5 to 7 minutes, until crumbly. Remove meat from pan and drain well, reserving 1 tablespoon of drippings in pan.
- Sauté onion and pepper in drippings over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, until soft. Return drained meat to pan and add soup, garlic powder, and raisins; mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Spread corn muffin mixture evenly over meat mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until muffin topping is firm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
- Stroganoff Casserole
- Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
- Amish Chicken Casserole
- Best Make-Ahead Casseroles: 10 Frozen Casserole Recipes You Need
- Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 25 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles
- Italian Layer Bake
- Tex Mex Ziti
- 7 Homestyle Tuna Casserole Recipes