We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No mystery about this fancy-sounding name. "Scalloped" means a food that's combined with a sauce and topped with cracker or bread crumbs, and that's just how we bake up this one!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (4-ounce) sleeve saltine crackers, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) container shucked fresh oysters, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. In a small bowl, crush 8 crackers and add the butter; mix well and set aside.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish, alternately layer the remaining crackers with the oysters, starting with the crackers.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the milk, eggs, salt, and pepper with a fork until well combined. Pour over the oysters and crackers.
- Sprinkle the reserved cracker mixture over the casserole and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through and the topping is golden.
Always be sure to keep oysters well chilled and use them within a day or two.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxon's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!