Southwestern Layered Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Southwestern Layered Rice is a casserole that's as crunchy as it is creamy. Try out this dish on your family. They're sure to love it!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, chopped (see Option)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl, combine scallions, bacon bits, and cheese.
- Place one-third of the rice in prepared casserole dish. Layer one-third of the sour cream mixture over rice then one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layers two more times, ending with a layer of cheese mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and brown around the edges.
You may substitute crispy, crumbled cooked bacon for the bacon bits, if you prefer.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know a dessert bar is going to be great when you start off with a base of crumbled sugar cookies! Our Creamy Crumbly Blackberry Bars are made with fresh blackberries and fluffy cream cheese, which makes them the perfect summer potluck dessert.