Southwestern Layered Rice
Southwestern Layered Rice is a casserole that's as crunchy as it is creamy. Try out this dish on your family. They're sure to love it!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
- 3 scallions (green onions), chopped
cup bacon bits, chopped (see Option)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl, combine scallions, bacon bits, and cheese.
- Place one-third of the rice in prepared casserole dish. Layer one-third of the sour cream mixture over rice then one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layers two more times, ending with a layer of cheese mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and brown around the edges.
You may substitute crispy, crumbled cooked bacon for the bacon bits, if you prefer.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
12 16 13