Southwestern Layered Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Southwestern Layered Rice is a casserole that's as crunchy as it is creamy. Try out this dish on your family. They're sure to love it!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, chopped (see Option)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl, combine scallions, bacon bits, and cheese.
- Place one-third of the rice in prepared casserole dish. Layer one-third of the sour cream mixture over rice then one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layers two more times, ending with a layer of cheese mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and brown around the edges.
You may substitute crispy, crumbled cooked bacon for the bacon bits, if you prefer.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whip up our easy Icebox Salad the next time you've got company coming over and get ready to take in all the "oohs" and "aahs." This make-ahead, layered salad is both pretty and delicious. It's the all-American, hearty salad that everyone grew up eating, but in a party-size form!
- Pork Chop Casserole
- Minnesota Hot Dish
- Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
- Italian Layer Bake
- Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 29 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles
- Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
- North and South American Casserole
- Easy Mexican Casserole Recipes: 16 of the Best Mexican Casseroles
- Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Best Make-Ahead Casseroles: 10 Frozen Casserole Recipes You Need