We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We think of this casserole as comfort food at its best; it has hearty, hearty, hearty written all over it! Make it ahead for hectic weeknights. Then just toss a bag of salad greens with your favorite dressing, and supper's on the table!
What You'll Need:
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- (8-ounces) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 12 ounces container small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook ground chuck in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet. Stir in onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beef broth, tomato paste and oregano; set aside.
Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, garlic and salt. Add noodles, tossing to coat. Spread half of noodle mixture in a lightly greased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Top with half of meat mixture, half of mozzarella cheese, and half of Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers with remaining noodle and meat mixtures.
Cover; bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, and bake, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes.
If you enjoyed this weeknight dinner recipe, be sure to also check out our Pork Chop Casserole.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!
- Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
- Tex Mex Ziti
- Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
- Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 25 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles
- Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
- 7 Homestyle Tuna Casserole Recipes
- Italian Layer Bake
- Best Make-Ahead Casseroles: 10 Frozen Casserole Recipes You Need
- Amish Chicken Casserole