Cookies 'n' Cream Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 55 Min
Cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies make our already sinfully rich homemade cheesecake even more luscious! Bake up our easy Cookies 'n' Cream Cheesecake and be a homemade hero to your gang!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (20-ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (see Note)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 30 cookies in a resealable plastic bag; using a rolling pin, crush cookies then place crumbs in a medium bowl with the butter; mix well then spread mixture into bottom and halfway up sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Chill until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix well.
- Set aside 6 cookies for garnish then break up remaining cookies. Stir cookie pieces into cream cheese mixture then pour into crust.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using a spoon, stir together sour cream, cocoa, remaining sugar and vanilla until well combined. Carefully spread sour cream mixture over top of cheesecake then bake 5 more minutes.
- Let cool then chill 8 hours or overnight. Cover until ready to serve. When ready to serve, remove from pan to a serving plate and spoon 12 equal-sized dollops of whipped topping on top. Cut the 6 reserved cookies in half and place half a cookie on each dollop of whipped topping.
During different holiday seasons, you can usually find sandwich cookies filled with colored creams. These make really festive cheesecakes.
Find more recipes to celebrate June Dairy Month.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- No-Bake Cheesecake
- Cannoli Cheesecake
- New York Cheesecake
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Fruit Cheesecakes: 8 Strawberry Cheesecake Recipes, Cherry Cheesecakes, and More
- Crispy Cheesecake Squares
- Double Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- The Ultimate Dessert Menu: 35 of Our Best Cheesecake Recipes
- Simple Cheesecake Pie