Italian Meringue Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 5 Hr
Fasten your aprons; we're taking a trip to Italy. Mama mia! Feather-light meringue makes this one the tops.
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated orange rind, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 container (2 pounds) ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the melted butter, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon orange rind, and the salt. Stir the mixture until it forms a ball, then place the dough into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. With your fingers, spread the dough into a smooth crust to cover the bottom and sides of the plate; chill while preparing the filling.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, the remaining 2 whole eggs and 3 teaspoons orange rind, and the cinnamon for 2 to 3 minutes, until well blended. Pour into the chilled crust and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until almost set in the center.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat the egg whites and the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar for 5 to 6 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Spread over the top of the pie, sealing the edges of the crust with the meringue. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown on top. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover loosely and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- The Ultimate Dessert Menu: 35 of Our Best Cheesecake Recipes
- Cannoli Cheesecake
- New York Cheesecake
- Fruit Cheesecakes: 8 Strawberry Cheesecake Recipes, Cherry Cheesecakes, and More
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Tasty Toffee Cheesecake
- Double Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- No-Bake Cheesecake
- XOXO Cheesecake Bites