Peppermint Swirl Cheesecake
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
What could possibly make our decadent, smooth and creamy homemade cheesecake even better? The added pizzazz from the peppermint flavor that comes through in every bite!
What You'll Need:
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
6 drops red food color
One 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
Whipped cream and candy canes for garnish (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- Place 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture in a small bowl and stir in the peppermint extract and food color; mix well. Pour the remaining cream cheese mixture into the pie crust. Smooth the top.
- Drop the peppermint mixture by spoonfuls into the mixture in the crust and swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges are set (the center will be slightly loose). Allow to cool for 1 hour then cover and chill for at least 6 hours before serving.
- To serve, top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and a miniature candy cane, if desired.
01 19 14