Always Apricot Chicken
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 1 Hr
Fresh apricots have a really short season. So by using canned apricots and bottled apricot preserves, we can extend their season to last us the whole year!
What You'll Need:
- 1 chicken (2½ to 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces and skin removed
- 2 cans (5½ ounces each) apricot nectar
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place the chicken in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over the chicken and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. and bake the chicken, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for 25 to 30 more minutes, or until no pink remains and the juices run clear.
I recommend buying the small individual-serving size cans of apricot nectar. That way you can always keep some on hand in the cupboard for when you want to whip this up for dinner.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES