Baked Crispy Chicken
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 55 Min
Just 'cause you're trying to eat healthier doesn't mean you have to cut out fried chicken! Our Baked Crispy Chicken is an oven-fried chicken recipe that delivers the same amount of crispy yumminess as the deep-fried kind, but without all the guilt!
What You'll Need:
1 egg, slightly beaten
5 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
teaspoon onion salt
teaspoon celery salt
1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
2 tablespoons butter
cup instant mashed potato flakes
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine egg, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and onion and celery salts.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour vinegar mixture over it. Cover and marinate 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator, turning chicken several times.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter in a large shallow baking dish in oven.
- Place potato flakes in a shallow dish and roll chicken pieces in flakes until well coated. Place chicken pieces skin-side down in baking dish into melted butter.
- Bake 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces and bake 25 to 30 more minutes, or until cooked through.
How about a side of crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes to get even more applause?!?
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
09 22 14