Black Bean and Chicken Chimis
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 18 Min
- READY IN
- 33 Min
We love using pre-made pouches to find shortcuts in the kitchen (and we bet you do too!) which is why we know you're going to love our easy Mexican recipe for Black Bean and Chicken Chimis. Chimichangas are a Mexican restaurant favorite, and now, you can cook 'em up in your kitchen. How cool is that?!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch ready-to-serve Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chunky medium salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded deli-roasted chicken
- 10 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat rice according to package directions.
- Stir together rice, black beans, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Spread 1/2 cup rice mixture just below center of each tortilla. Fold bottom third up and over filling of each tortilla, just until covered. Fold left and right sides of tortillas over, and roll up. Place seam sides down on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet. Brush tops of tortillas with melted butter.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Serve with desired toppings such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, or olives.
Prepare chimichangas as directed through step 2; cover and chill 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes, and then bake as directed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In China, long noodles are eaten during the New Year to symbolize a wish for a long life. Whether or not you celebrate, we think everyone could agree on living a long, happy, and healthy life, which is why we've come up with our own way of making Lucky Chinese Noodles!