Chicken Bott Boi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
Yes, Bott Boi is the real name for this traditional Pennsylvania Dutch dish. Because it's actually dressed-up bow-tie pasta and chunky veggies, we call it a great meal, too!
What You'll Need:
- 10 cups water
- 1 chicken (3 to 3 1/2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
What To Do:
In an 8-quart soup pot over medium-high heat, combine water, chicken, onion, celery, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 50 minutes.
Remove chicken to a platter, then add potatoes to pot and cook 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bone chicken, discarding bones and skin, and cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add pasta to pot and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Return chicken to pot and continue cooking until heated through. Serve in bowls.
This will thicken up as it sits, so you may want to add additional water when you re-heat any leftovers.
- Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.