Chicken Cordon Bleu Pinwheels
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
A classic French dish that's quick and easy to make. Impossible, you say? Let us show you how you can surprise yourself and your gang...
What You'll Need:
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds)
teaspoon white pepper
pound sliced Swiss cheese (6 slices)
pound thinly-sliced deli ham (4 slices)
cup flavored bread crumbs
- Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat d oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 7- x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Between 2 pieces of waxed paper, gently pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness with a mallet or rolling pin. Evenly sprinkle each piece of chicken with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each chicken breast half. Roll each breast jelly roll-style and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in prepared baking dish and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and place 1 cheese slice on top of each chicken piece and sprinkle with paprika. Return to oven 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Regular styles of Swiss cheese and deli-style ham tend to be naturally salty, so if you'd rather not add the extra salt, that's fine.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 26 13