Chicken Livers Stroganoff
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 38 Min
Enjoy all the creamy goodness and richness of traditional stroganoff at a fraction of the cost by using chicken livers instead of beef. You won't hear anyone asking "Where's the beef?".
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound chicken livers
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute 6 minutes or until golden. Add mushrooms, and saute 5 minutes. Add chicken livers; saute 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Stir flour mixture into liver mixture. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until livers are done.
- Stir in sour cream. Cook just until thoroughly heated. Serve over brown rice, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!