Chicken Livers Stroganoff
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 38 Min
Enjoy all the creamy goodness and richness of traditional stroganoff at a fraction of the cost by using chicken livers instead of beef. You won't hear anyone asking "Where's the beef?".
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound chicken livers
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute 6 minutes or until golden. Add mushrooms, and saute 5 minutes. Add chicken livers; saute 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Stir flour mixture into liver mixture. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until livers are done.
- Stir in sour cream. Cook just until thoroughly heated. Serve over brown rice, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a pasta dish that doesn't need a beacon to attract attention. Our Lighthouse Tortellini Salad is fresh, easy, and perfect for warm weather picnics by the sea (or lake!). We just love how all the ingredients come together to make it taste so creamy and flavorful.