Chicken Livers Stroganoff
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 38 Min
Enjoy all the creamy goodness and richness of traditional stroganoff at a fraction of the cost by using chicken livers instead of beef. You won't hear anyone asking "Where's the beef?".
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound chicken livers
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute 6 minutes or until golden. Add mushrooms, and saute 5 minutes. Add chicken livers; saute 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Stir flour mixture into liver mixture. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until livers are done.
- Stir in sour cream. Cook just until thoroughly heated. Serve over brown rice, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've had chicken coated in breadcrumbs and covered in crunchy potato chips, but have you ever tried using your favorite frozen potato tots? Now you can! Our recipe for Cheesy Potato Tot Chicken is a total game-changer. Just a few simple ingredients and you're off to making your family's new-favorite chicken dinner.