Chicken Tortilla Cake
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Want to get the family to the dinner table in a hurry? Just tell them they're having cake for dinner...Chicken Tortilla Cake! Hey, it looks like a cake, and it'll be just as popular!
What You'll Need:
cup vegetable oil
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
teaspoon hot pepper sauce
teaspoon dry fajita seasoning
- 2 1/2
cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend
- 6 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 1/2
tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat (or to 375 degrees F. in an electric skillet). Fry tortillas one at a time for 10 to 15 seconds, or until golden. Drain well on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, hot sauce, and fajita seasoning; mix well.
- Place 1 tortilla on prepared baking sheet then spread 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded chicken, 3/4 cup cheese, and 1 chopped scallion. Place a tortilla on top and repeat layers 4 more times, ending with a plain tortilla on top. Reserve remaining sour cream mixture.
- Brush tops and sides of tortillas with melted butter then cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and place on a serving plate. Spread top tortilla with remaining sour cream mixture and top with remaining chopped scallion.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This twist on a classic gyro will have your taste buds dancing after just one bite. Our Greek Fish Pitas only takes 10 minutes and is an easy fish recipe that is perfect for dinner any night of the week!