Chinese Double Dippers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Be sure you serve these tidbits along with bowls of sweet-and-sour sauce and spicy mustard (I think dunking them is the best part? and so will your company!)
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallion tops
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons oil, or more as needed
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the oil.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Fry heaping teaspoonfuls of the chicken mixture in the oil, about 10 at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Makes about 25 pieces.
If you want to fry these in advance, you can do that. Just cover and refrigerate them, then pop them in a warmed oven for a few minutes and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!