Classic Scalloped Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Scalloped dishes are hearty and soul-soothing, typically baked in a sauce and covered with seasoned bread crumbs. Our Classic Scalloped Chicken bakes up as a comforting all-in-one main-dish meal.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2-stick) butter, melted and divided
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 (4-1/2-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and sauté in 2 tablespoons melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from heat and add chicken broth, chicken gravy, mushrooms, pimientos, and rice; mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover, and stir well. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until rice is tender and topping is golden. Serve immediately.
Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad that's tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises is sure to be one of your favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties!