Dining Room Chicken
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 1 Hr
Eating in the dining room seems to make food taste special. It could be the fond memories of all the special meals shared there, or maybe it's just that we serve different foods there. Try serving this dish for dining room meals and kitchen meals...it's great everywhere!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 whole chicken (2½ to 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (17 ounces) apricot halves in heavy syrup, drained, chopped, and divided, with syrup reserved
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Rub the mixture over the entire chicken then place the chicken, breast side up, in an 8-inch square baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, the cornstarch, cranberry sauce, half the apricots, and the reserved apricot syrup; mix well.
- Uncover the chicken and pour the syrup mixture evenly over it; return the chicken to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 30 more minutes, or until fork-tender and the juices run clear, basting occasionally. Place the cooked chicken on a serving platter and garnish with the remaining apricot pieces.
These leftovers make a great special fruity chicken salad. Just cut the chicken into chunks and toss with mayonnaise.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
08 07 13