French Diner Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
Living in South Florida, I take every chance I get to eat in a little French diner near South Beach (a really "happening" area). One of my favorite meals there is a chicken dish prepared like this.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1½ to 2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut in half and sliced
- 2 medium-sized red bell peppers, cut into ¼-inch strips
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Coat the chicken pieces with the flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chicken and cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place in a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Place the onions and bell peppers in the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 to 8 minutes, until the peppers are crisp-tender.
- Spoon the vegetables evenly over the chicken breasts. Add the wine, bouillon, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir until the bouillon is dissolved. Pour the wine mixture over the chicken; cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.