Garden Chicken Bake
Packet cooking puts to rest two mealtime dilemmas at once: portioning and cleanup. Our Garden Chicken Bake recipe is so easy and flavor-packed, you'll reach for this one again and again!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (0.7-ounce) envelope dry Italian dressing mix
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium-sized onion, cut in half then into 1/2-inch slices
cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Tear 4 pieces of aluminum foil, each about 12 x 18 inches.
- Place dry dressing mix in a shallow dish. Coat both sides of chicken breasts evenly with the mix then lay each piece of chicken on a piece of aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine bell peppers, zucchini, onion, and Italian dressing, and toss until vegetables are completely coated. Distribute vegetable mixture evenly over chicken breasts and drizzle any remaining dressing over vegetables.
- Distribute mozzarella cheese over vegetables (1/4 cup per packet) and seal packets tightly. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and its juices run clear.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 24 14