Good Ol' Honey Fried Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Always looking for a new way to make chicken? Well, here's an old Southern favorite made a new way, with the sweetness of honey and the tang of paprika and mustard.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1/4 cups biscuit baking mix
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
What To Do:
Place honey in a shallow bowl; coat chicken with honey and set aside. Combine remaining ingredients except oil in a shallow pie plate; dredge chicken in mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 inch oil until hot. Carefully place chicken in oil and cook about 5 minutes, or until underside of chicken is golden. Turn chicken pieces and cook an additional 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
When cooking the chicken, we suggest you use a splatter screen to prevent the oil from splattering.
- If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
Want even more chicken dinner recipes? Check out our collection of Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 9 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Create a little Christmas magic of your own with our easy recipe for Christmas Magic Squares. This holiday-festive cookie bar recipe is great for snackin' on all holiday season long, like when you're at a cookie exchange with friends or when you're trimming the tree!