Homestyle Chicken and Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a new go-to recipe? Look no more! This Homestyle Chicken and Dressing recipe is simple and it screams down-home deliciousness in every bite. It's safe to say that we've found your number one go-to recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 1 large rotisserie chicken, skinned, boned, and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 6 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread (see Note)
- 8 (1-ounce) slices firm white bread, torn into pieces
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine first 11 ingredients. Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 5-quart round slow cooker. Dot evenly with butter.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 to 4 hours or on LOW setting 7 hours, or until set. Stir well before serving.
Make the dressing even easier by picking up already-baked cornbread from the deli at your local supermarket. Just steer away from the sweet variety -- savory is definitely the way to go here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.