Homestyle Chicken and Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 3 Hr
Looking for a new go-to recipe? Look no more! This Homestyle Chicken and Dressing recipe is simple and it screams down-home deliciousness in every bite. It's safe to say that we've found your number one go-to recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 1 large rotisserie chicken, skinned, boned, and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 6 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread (see Note)
- 8 (1-ounce) slices firm white bread, torn into pieces
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine first 11 ingredients. Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 5-quart round slow cooker. Dot evenly with butter.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 to 4 hours or on LOW setting 7 hours, or until set. Stir well before serving.
Make the dressing even easier by picking up already-baked cornbread from the deli at your local supermarket. Just steer away from the sweet variety -- savory is definitely the way to go here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a little bit of fall flavor with our recipe for Upside Down Pear Cake. This cake is beautiful enough to serve for any special occasion, and easy enough to make when you've got cravings for fall favorites. It's got an ooey-gooey and crunchy topping that's unbelievably good!