Lemon Basil Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 35 Min
- COOK TIME
- 18 Min
- READY IN
- 53 Min
You know those recipes that sound fancy schmancy and taste fancy schmancy, but are so simple that you just can't resist 'em? Well, we've got one for ya right here! This Lemon Basil Chicken recipe will be an instant smile inducer!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh lemon basil or basil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
What To Do:
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, blending well. Add chicken; cover and chill 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Strain reserved marinade into skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Serve chicken over warm cooked rice, if desired.
Lemon basil looks like regular basil, but you'll recognize it by its distinct citrus aroma and flavor. Substitute here with regular basil, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.