Lemon Rosemary Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lots of colorful veggies, lots of lemon, and lots of lip-smacking flavor gives us a chicken dinner recipe we know you're gonna love. Our Lemon Rosemary Chicken has a light touch but is packed with flavor for a dinner recipe that's absolutely perfect to cook up during spring or summer. You can even grab a few of the veggies from your garden to truly make this a homemade meal.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 (6-1/2- to 7-pound) roasting chicken
- 3 medium-sized yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 medium-sized carrots, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 10 small red potatoes, cut into quarters
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a large roasting pan. Rub half of the seasoning mixture evenly over the whole chicken, including the cavity.
- Place the vegetables and potatoes in the bowl with the remaining seasoning mixture and toss to coat well. Place the vegetables around the chicken in the roasting pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 11/2 hours, basting the chicken and vegetables occasionally. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 30 more minutes, until no pink remains in the chicken, the juices run clear, and the skin is golden brown.
If your chicken is much larger or smaller than 6-1/2 to 7 pounds, you'll have to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.