Lighter Chicken and Dumplings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A few lighter ingredients and a lifestyle centered around moderation are all it takes to still enjoy a hearty recipe like Lighter Chicken and Dumplings. Packing all the comforting tastes and textures we crave, with some easy-on-the-waistline substitutes, this one's a keeper.
What You'll Need:
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 fresh carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit baking mix
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat-free milk
What To Do:
- In a soup pot coated with cooking spray, saute, celery, carrots, and onion for 5 minutes. Stir in broth, poultry seasoning, and pepper.; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, then stir in chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls into simmering broth. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean. Do not lift cover while simmering! Ladle in to bowls to serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Red Velvet Cake is one of our favorite desserts, especially during the holidays, so we thought, why not turn this dessert into a festive breakfast item, too? With our recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes, you can celebrate all things red and decadent any time of the year!