Lighter Chicken and Dumplings
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
A few lighter ingredients and a lifestyle centered around moderation are all it takes to still enjoy a hearty recipe like Lighter Chicken and Dumplings. Packing all the comforting tastes and textures we crave, with some easy-on-the-waistline substitutes, this one's a keeper.
What You'll Need:
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 fresh carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 1/4
cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 2/3
cups reduced-fat biscuit baking mix
cup reduced-fat-free milk
What To Do:
- In a soup pot coated with cooking spray, saute, celery, carrots, and onion for 5 minutes. Stir in broth, poultry seasoning, and pepper.; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, then stir in chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls into simmering broth. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean. Do not lift cover while simmering! Ladle in to bowls to serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 21 14