Mama's Chicken Pot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 55 Min
M-m-m...the aroma of this chicken pot pie baking in the oven takes us back to the warmth of Mama's cozy kitchen, but without all the fuss and mess! Our version uses frozen vegetables with an easy homemade crust. Make this family favorite tonight, and you'll have 'em beggin' for it again and again!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of celery or cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook soup in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Gradually add broth, stirring until smooth.
- Add chicken, frozen vegetables, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 7- x 11-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Mixture will be lumpy.)
- Gently spoon batter evenly on top of chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, 35 minutes or until golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.