Mama's Chicken Pot Pie
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 55 Min
M-m-m...the aroma of this chicken pot pie baking in the oven takes us back to the warmth of Mama's cozy kitchen, but without all the fuss and mess! Our version uses frozen vegetables with an easy homemade crust. Make this family favorite tonight, and you'll have 'em beggin' for it again and again!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of celery or cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2
cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup self-rising flour
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook soup in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Gradually add broth, stirring until smooth.
- Add chicken, frozen vegetables, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 7- x 11-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Mixture will be lumpy.)
- Gently spoon batter evenly on top of chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, 35 minutes or until golden.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES