Mango Chutney-Glazed Chicken Skewers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 9 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 17 Min
Wanna know what makes our meat taste extra special? You won't believe the flavors we put on this easy chicken recipe. From chili powder to mango chutney, this summer BBQ favorite is chock full of flavor! Don't be intimidated by skewer recipes; with our "Quick & Easy" cooking tips, you'll be a pro before you know it.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (see note)
- 1 (9-ounce) bottle mango chutney (remove 3 tablespoons chutney for brushing over chicken, reserving remaining portion for serving with grilled chicken)
What To Do:
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Spray cold grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees).
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Cut each breast half lengthwise into 4 strips. Place chicken strips in a bowl; add chili powder mixture, and toss well to coat chicken.
- Thread 1 chicken strip onto each of 16 (6-inch) skewers (see note); brush chicken evenly with 3 tablespoons chutney. Grill chicken, covered, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with remaining chutney.
If you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak 'em for at least 30 minutes before threading the chicken. This prevents the skewer ends from burning. Feel free to substitute chicken cutlets for chicken breasts, you'll save on cooking and prep times since cutlets need no pounding.