Old Fashioned Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Old Fashioned Chicken is a dish that takes us back to Mom's kitchen, without all the fuss of preparing it like she did. It's a great-tasting chicken dish that doesn't take much tending.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs or drumsticks (about 8 pieces)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained (See Note)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans whole potatoes, drained and cut in half
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
What To Do:
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Sprinkle salt over chicken and cook 10 minutes, or until browned on each side, turning halfway through cooking.
- Add onion and saute about 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to chicken; mix well.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
You can use any type of white bean here in place of the cannellini beans...you know, pinto beans, garbanzo beans (chick peas), or black-eyed peas.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We gave a family-favorite a tasty and modern makeover by adding a crispy, potato tot topping that's so good everyone will want to dig in right away! They'll be surprised to find such a tasty, gooey, cheesy, and meaty filling in this amazing Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole.