Old Fashioned Chicken
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
- READY IN
- 50 Min
Old Fashioned Chicken is a dish that takes us back to Mom's kitchen, without all the fuss of preparing it like she did. It's a great-tasting chicken dish that doesn't take much tending.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks (about 2 pounds)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained (See Options)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans whole potatoes, drained
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
teaspoon crushed red pepper
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle salt over chicken and cook 20 minutes, until browned on each side, turning halfway through cooking.
- Add onion and saute about 2 minutes; drain off excess liquid. Add remaining ingredients to chicken; mix well. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES