Orange-Glazed Chicken Bundles
A triple burst of tangy citrus is in every bite of our Orange-Glazed Chicken Bundles. This restaurant-worthy main dish looks and tastes like a million bucks, but only you'll know how simple it was to pull off.
What You'll Need:
1 (6.2-ounce) box wild rice
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 to 2-pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
teaspoon black pepper
1 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions; let cool 10 minutes. Stir oranges into rice and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts evenly with salt and pepper. Top each breast with a heaping tablespoon of rice. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine marmalade and orange juice (do not heat it) and lightly brush mixture onto chicken rollups. Reserve remaining mixture for later use.
- Bake chicken 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Heat remaining sauce in saucepan on low 5 to 7 minutes, or until hot; drizzle over chicken rollups. Evenly sprinkle almonds on top; serve immediately.
- Instead of orange juice, feel free to substitute an orange liqueur for a more sophisticated flavor.
- We recommend you serve this with our creamy Country Coleslaw for a complete meal.
02 10 12