Oven Barbecued Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With all the smoky flavors of chicken made on the grill, our Oven Barbecued Chicken recipe is a super option when the weather doesnâ€™t permit cooking outdoors. Moist and tender, tangy and flavorful, this one will have 'em licking their fingers.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces and skin removed (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in baking dish and sprinkle with flour, coating evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour evenly over chicken and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes then uncover and bake 30 to 35 more minutes, or until the juices run clear and no pink remains.
NOTE: We usually remove the skin from the chicken because it reduces the fat in this dish, but the recipe works just as well with the chicken skin left on.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.