Oven Crisped Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Crunch, crunch, crunch. That's the only sound you'll hear after you bring a platter of this to the table. Well, after a while you'll certainly hear everyone asking for more!
What You'll Need:
- 1 chicken (2½ to 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 6 cups toasted rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Coat a large roasting rack with nonstick vegetable spray and place in a large roasting pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute and milk; whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal crumbs and garlic powder; toss to mix well.
- Dip the chicken in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then the cereal mixture, completely coating the chicken each time. Place the coated chicken on the rack in the roasting pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until no pink remains and the juices run clear.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!