Prize-Winning Lemon Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No contest here...chicken smothered in tart lemon sauce and dotted with capers gets first prize for its sunny flavor! Serve Prize-Winning Lemon Chicken for family or company dinners and you're sure to win raves every time.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter with the oil. Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden. Remove to a platter, then add remaining butter to skillet.
- Add artichoke hearts, wine, lemon juice, and capers. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to skillet, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly.
Gotta have a way to sop up this delicious sauce, so we're suggesting our Lemon Garlic Rice as a go-along!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!