Secret Tempura Combo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe for Secret Tempura Combo may just put your favorite Asian restaurant out of business! And we love it because it also works with almost any type of vegetable (although firm ones work best).
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups pancake and biscuit baking mix
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups club soda
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
What To Do:
In a large bowl, combine baking mix, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Add club soda; mix well. Add remaining ingredients except oil; stir to coat completely.
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil just until hot. Place coated chicken and vegetables in hot oil one piece at a time. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until coating is golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Continue until all are cooked, discarding any remaining batter.
Serve immediately, or keep warm on a baking sheet in a low oven.
If the batter thickens, just add a little more club soda to get it to the proper consistency.
- We recommend you serve this with another favorite, our Asian Cabbage Salad!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!