Souped up Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food has traveled quite a bit and found that practically everyone has their own special chicken and rice dish. The secret to this one? It's "soup-er"!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup long- or whole-grain rice
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well then spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until rice is tender and no pink remains in chicken.
- For a little color and a whole lot of flavor, sometimes I sprinkle some shredded sharp Cheddar cheese over the top before serving.
- Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an appetizer that's guaranteed to win you rave reviews...one dip at a time. Our Bread Bowl Fondue is a modern day twist on fondue that's always a hit. When you serve this all-in-one, fun-do, fondue in the bread bowl, you better stand back, or you might get trampled!
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
- "Don't Peek" Chicken
- Stovetop Recipes: 14 Chicken Skillet Dinners
- Nothing to It Chicken
- 16 Simple Chicken Drumstick Recipes
- All-American Oven-"Fried" Drumsticks
- Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
- Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 10 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Baked Crispy Chicken