Southwestern Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We hate to wash dishes, so our spicy chicken and rice dish solves that dilemma! It cooks all in one skillet!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1-1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream
What To Do:
- Rub 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix on chicken.
- Combine remaining taco seasoning mix, salsa, and water in a large skillet; top mixture with chicken. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Stir in rice, beans, and cheese; cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes. Top with chicken. Serve with sour cream.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Ultimate Fudgy Brownies is going to make you forget about any other recipe for brownies you've ever tasted...they're that good. You may just want to pour yourself another glass of milk, 'cause these homemade brownies are full of decadent, chocolatey flavor.