Special Easy Chicken
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
- READY IN
- 50 Min
Really easy, really homey. I sometimes use wine instead of the chicken broth to give it a little different taste; you can even use just water if you don't have broth.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- All-purpose flour, seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, undrained
cup chicken broth
teaspoon dried oregano, tarragon, or thyme
- 1 medium-sized fresh tomato, chopped
What To Do:
- Lightly dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large Dutch oven or 2 large skillets and cook chicken over medium heat, turning, until golden brown. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Sauté the onion in the Dutch oven (or one of the skillets) for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients except tomato, and bring to a boil. Add chicken pieces to the pan, pressing chicken down into the peas, and sprinkle the tomato over the top.
- Cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES