Special Easy Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Really easy, really homey. I sometimes use wine instead of the chicken broth to give it a little different taste; you can even use just water if you don't have broth.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- All-purpose flour, seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, tarragon, or thyme
- 1 medium-sized fresh tomato, chopped
What To Do:
- Lightly dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large Dutch oven or 2 large skillets and cook chicken over medium heat, turning, until golden brown. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Sauté the onion in the Dutch oven (or one of the skillets) for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients except tomato, and bring to a boil. Add chicken pieces to the pan, pressing chicken down into the peas, and sprinkle the tomato over the top.
- Cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!