Spicy Chicken and Bean Skillet
- 4 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
Why make the kids eat take-out when you can prepare an ethnic treat they'll love this quickly at home?! (It's a lot healthier too!)
What You'll Need:
pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) black or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice (optional)
cup sour cream
What To Do:
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, and garlic, and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Stir in the beans, tomato, salsa, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through and no pink remains in the chicken.
- Spoon over warm rice, if desired, and serve topped with a dollop of sour cream.
- Note: Make this more authentic by garnishing it with additional chopped onions and salsa, or shredded Cheddar cheese and cilantro.
Make this more authentic by garnishing it with additional chopped onions and salsa, or shredded Cheddar cheese and cilantro. High in protein and fiber, and with significant anti-oxidant potential, black beans are a terrific addition to your family's menus. They'll love how great they taste in here too!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
08 29 12