Spicy Chicken and Bean Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
Why make the kids eat take-out when you can prepare an ethnic treat they'll love this quickly at home?! (It's a lot healthier too!)
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) black or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, and garlic, and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Stir in the beans, tomato, salsa, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through and no pink remains in the chicken.
- Spoon over warm rice, if desired, and serve topped with a dollop of sour cream.
- Note: Make this more authentic by garnishing it with additional chopped onions and salsa, or shredded Cheddar cheese and cilantro.
Make this more authentic by garnishing it with additional chopped onions and salsa, or shredded Cheddar cheese and cilantro. High in protein and fiber, and with significant anti-oxidant potential, black beans are a terrific addition to your family's menus. They'll love how great they taste in here too!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!