Cafeteria Style Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing beats Cafeteria-Style Chili for a warm, comforting meal. Fill your lunch thermos with this or serve it for an easy dinner and it'll bowl them over.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 1 hour, or until chili is thickened, stirring occasionally.
Add a little hot pepper sauce or ground red pepper for a spicier chili. Serve in bowls topped with all the classic chili fixin's, like shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onion, and sliced jalapeno peppers.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Secret Recipe Chili
- World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love
- Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake
- 5 Easy Chili Recipes With Ground Beef
- 6 Favorite White Chili Recipes and Chicken Chili Recipes
- Saucy White Chili
- Hillbilly Chili
- Slow Cooked Chili
- Fire Station Chili
- Southern-Style Fish Chili