We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In the Heartland, Champion Chili's a definite winner! (And your family'll feel like the biggest winners when they taste this.)
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, diced
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 pounds lean ground meat
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2/3 cup (3-ounce bottle) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 6 ounces (1/2 a 12-ounce can) beer
- 1 1/2 cups club soda or mineral water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onions, green pepper, and celery just until soft. Add garlic and meat; break up meat and cook until it browns completely. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 3 hours, stirring often.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
How about having this on hand with a loaf of crusty bread for your weekend at home?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love
- Secret Recipe Chili
- Hillbilly Chili
- 5 Easy Chili Recipes With Ground Beef
- Cincinnati Chili
- Saucy White Chili
- 6 Favorite White Chili Recipes and Chicken Chili Recipes
- Slow Cooked Chili
- Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake
- Fire Station Chili