Cornbread-Topped Sausage Chili Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 6 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 26 Min
Instead of serving your chili with a side of cornbread, how 'bout serving the cornbread atop your chili?! Wow!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 Southwest Sausage Chili recipe (about 6-1/4 cups)
- Sour cream
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Spoon chili into a lightly greased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Spoon batter over chili. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until cornbread is lightly browned. Serve with sour cream.
Click here for the Southwest Sausage Chili recipe. Or, you can use your favorite store-bought chili.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bring a little taste of the South to your kitchen with our recipe for Catfish 'n' Slaw. We coated U.S. farm-raised catfish in a flavor-packed island seasoning before pan-frying it and finishing it off with a homemade tropical coleslaw. One bite of this dish and you'll be saying, "Let's make some more, ya'll!"
- Cincinnati Chili
- World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love
- Secret Recipe Chili
- 6 Favorite White Chili Recipes and Chicken Chili Recipes
- Hillbilly Chili
- 5 Easy Chili Recipes With Ground Beef
- Slow Cooked Chili
- Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake
- Southern-Style Fish Chili
- Fire Station Chili